Weight & Balance app
Calculating weight and centre of gravity (CG) before flight a regulatory requirement.
RightBase developed tools for a Wizz Air A320 and some General Aviation aircraft (Cirrus SR22 and Piper PA44).
Just tap on the input boxes and enter the data, then hit 'Calc'!
a. Load & Trim (Wizz Air A320 71.5t)
- Enter data in blue ('pilot selected') fields; the magenta fields are calculated ('managed') by the app
- Bag weight ('wt') is auto-calculated based on standard bag weight but can be overridden (tap on 'wt' field)
- Once figures for payload (bags & passengers), fuel and (dry operating) aircraft data are entered, hit 'Calc' to see the results
- Entry of totals as well as (hold and passenger) compartment distribution allows cross-checking. 'kg=' and '#=' fields should equal 0 after distribution.
- Compare against the ground handler's workings
- Pax includes males (M), females (F) and children (C) but infants are excluded (usual convention)
- rmp = ramp (fuel)
- trp = trip (fuel)
- standard taxi fuel of 200 kg assumed
- enter 3-digit DOI without a comma (i.e. DOI x10, e.g. '512' for 51.2)
- u/ld = underload (i.e. spare capacity before hitting next weight constraint)
Download it here!
b. General Aviation
The following input rows need to be populated with values (pre-defined where possible):
- Basic Empty a/c: for values of basic empty mass and arm
- Row 1: for mass and arm of pilots/passengers in the front row of the aircraft
- Row 2: for mass and arm of pilots/passengers in the rear row of the aircraft
- Baggage: for mass and arm of the baggage compartment
- Fuel (FOB, taxi* & trip): for mass and arm of fuel in the aircraft. CAREFUL: convert volume to mass! For light aircraft 1 USG Avgas = 6 lbs
- (*) Fuel allowance for start-up, taxi & run-up. Enter as a positive value; the app will automatically subtract as appropriate.
Values for zero fuel, ramp, takeoff and landing conditions are calculated by the app and may be recorded onto a flight log for future reference.
Download it here!